Every year, the Princeton Review releases results from a survey about which colleges in America party the hardest. For some, this may be a reason to go to college. For others, they may want to avoid these schools. I just want to try to explain why they were chosen.
10. University of Texas – Have you ever been to Austin? It’s hot. What goes better with a hot day than a cold beer? Enough said.
9. University of Florida – I imagine the students at UF drink a lot so they can forget how stupid they look when they make the alligator hand motions at ball games. Plus, Tim Tebow graduated and all…what’s left?
8. Florida State University – I went to high school in Tallahassee so I may be a bit biased here, but they also party because being a Seminole is complete awesomeness and deserves a little celebration. See how they beat UF in the Party School competition? (Too much?) No really, these students drink because their football team has only beat the University of Florida once in the last 7 years. And because Bobby Bowden retired.
7. Penn State University – Ah, good ol’ Penn State. It’s difficult to remember which games are “white out” games. Drinking helps that. It also helps keep a person warm when that person decides to use body paint on “white out” days.
6. West Virginia State University – The students here drink because it’s West Virginia. I believe it’s a law that you have to drink, isn’t it?
5. University of California – Santa Barbara - I’m just going to assume these students are staying liquored up on margaritas and tequila due to the awesome weather. I might be wrong on this.
4. University of Iowa – There’s nothing else to do in Iowa is there? Exactly.
3. University of Mississippi aka Ole Miss – They drink. Their daddies drank. Their granddaddies drank. Their great-granddaddies drank…
2. University of Georgia – NOW they’ll drink because they lost their spot as #1 Party School.
1. Ohio University (not to be confused with the more well known, THE Ohio State University) – Ohio University is like the unwanted step-child in Ohio. It can’t quite measure up to everyone’s high expectations set due to the other famous state university. So the students here rebel. If they can’t have the love of the state, they’ll aim for the best Party School in the USA! Well done, OU! (Seriously though, if you want the wildest Halloween ever, THIS is where you want to be! Trust me!)
And for 14 years straight, the award for Stone-Cold Sober School goes to Bringham Young University!