Recently, an Ipsos poll of over 2,000 adults asked which celebrities are the most trusted in Hollywood and whose endorsement of a product would make you want to buy it.
Who made the list?
10. Johnny Depp – This very interesting and artistic guy is more trustworthy than Reese Witherspoon, Steve Carrell, Matt Damon, and Jennifer Aniston. Was it Edward Sissorhands that did it?
9. Will Smith – I read recently that Will and the wifey have an open marriage. I wonder if that would impact how people feel about him. Not that there’s anything wrong with an open marriage…
7. (tie) Kate Middleton - Aren’t we always supposed to trust royalty? Oh. Wait. I’ve seen The Tudors.
7. (tie) Morgan Freeman - How can anyone say he’s not trustworthy? Of course he is. He’s always chasing the bad guys. The stuff he had to deal with in Seven was unreal. Plus he was in Shawshank Redemption, one of the best movies of all time. And he was on the Electric Company back in the 70s. I’d buy a product he sold most definitely without a doubt.
6. Harrison Ford – Four words: Han Solo. Indiana Jones.
5. Tom Hanks – He is the guy next door. He’ll even meet you at the top of the Empire State Building if you write a letter to his son. Oh, that was in one of his movies…
4. Clint Eastwood – He’d be great at getting people to buy guns.
2. Denzel Washington – Smart, sexy, honest all wrapped up in one.
1. Betty White – America is still in love with this Golden Girl.
Who were the least trustworthy stars?
10. Lebron James (Cleveland needs to get over that already.)
9. Donald Trump (and he thought he could be President…)
8. Mel Gibson
7. Kim Kardashian
6. Tiger Woods
5. Arnold Schwarzenegger
3. (tie) Kanye West
3. (tie) Britney Spears
2. Charlie Sheen
1. Paris Hilton – I do find it odd that people would trust Charlie Sheen before they trusted Paris Hilton…
What do you think? Are those 2000+ Americans right?