It’s safe to say the Westboro Baptist Church’s message is getting lost. Their message, remember, is ‘God Hates Fags.’Ignoring that Jesus was loving to everyone, it sounds like a fantastic theme for a church to espouse. *eye roll* However, with the recent picketings by the church members, I am questioning what their true message is.
Currently, the Westboroians are planning to picket Sage Stallone’s funeral. Why? Because his father, Sylvester Stallone is an “adulterous dad.” Margie Phelps, the 36 year old daughter of the Westboro leader Fred Phelps tweeted:
“Adulterous dad brought wrath of God on son. #BloodOnDadsHands #picketfuneral #woe Tell @TheSlyStallone to mourn for his sins, not pimp out son’s dead body to more proud sin!”
What the fuck, Westboro? Sage was the product of Sly’s first marriage. They were MARRIED when he was born. No sin happening there. Besides the fact that this is just mean. He just lost his kid and you’re spouting hate to him like that? Very Christian of you.
Let’s take a look at some of your other hate-filled protests:
1. Picketing the funeral of Elizabeth Edwards. She died from cancer. And she wasn’t the one who cheated in her marriage.
2. Telling the people of Norway that “God Sent the Shooter” after the Norway massacre.
3. Protesting President Obama’s visit to Joplin, Missouri after the devastating tornadoes.
4. Protesting the funeral of Matthew Shepard who was robbed and brutally beaten and left to die.
5. Protesting the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.
6. Protesting The Ohio State because New York legalized same sex marriage. Or something like that.
After awhile, the protestors from Westboro Baptist Church need to realize that nobody is listening to their hate messages. We just see them as people who like to protest, funerals mostly. Perhaps they need a good Christian leader to teach them the lessons that Jesus taught. They seem to be off message.